Instagram Tokyo, food, cats, cussing and loads of selfies: YAKKAN SHOUMEI

Monday, September 8, 2014

YAKKAN SHOUMEI

Got my Yakkan Shoumei today!
I was really nervous since I need such a big amount of medication. I was like 'omg what if they think I'm a smuggler". But they got my doctors notes and receipts and they approved it!

For those blissfully unaware, the Yakkan Shoumei is a form you have to fill in in order to bring medication into Japan. And by medicine I mean prescribed medication that is more than a months quantity.
If you're lucky, you won't need it at all. However if you have a multitude of illnesses like yours truly, you'll need a ton of pills and sachet bags and shit. So here I am like 'hi I need enough pills to give to a small nation'.
The Yakkan Shoumei is hell to fill out. You have to have doctors notes, have to know the active chemical ingredient in your meds, need to know the name and origin of the company making it and other stuff that gives me a headache and a weird craving for coffee. Here's the thing tho, the pharmaceutical services in Japan are really quick with answering emails. Faster than any government authority in Sweden. And for that they have my eternal gratitude because I am very forgetful after 4 hours of filling in papers and 5 coffees. I had forgotten to send in my flight tickets. So i emailed them with the tickets and a couple of apologies. They answered a day later and said it was okay.

So I'm kinda in love with the Japanese ministry of health, labour and welfare.
They are super helpful, bless their government hearts.

1 comment:

  1. at first i thought the form thing sounded as bad as China but then i saw "really fast at answering emails" and thought nah nothing is as bad as China

    ReplyDelete